Egusi soup. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds.
Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. It is spicy, nutty with exotic African flavors! See the video below on how to make Egusi Soup. You can cook Egusi soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egusi soup
- Prepare of Egusi.
- You need of Tomatoe.
- Prepare of Red pepper.
- Prepare of Chilli proper.
- It’s of Onions.
- You need of Groundnut oil.
- It’s of Curry.
- Prepare cubes of Maggi.
- You need of Ginger.
- It’s of Spinach.
Ground Egusi seeds give this soup a unique color and flavor. If you can't find Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Any combination of crab, shrimp and smoked fish can be used in place of. Nigerian Egusi Soup (Caking Method) [Video] Egusi and Ogbono Soup Combo Fried Egusi Soup [Video] Ofe Achara with Akpuruakpu Egusi [Video] Egusi Soup for Haters of Egusi Soup Sunflower.
Egusi soup step by step
- Wash all the peppers and put it in ur bowl together with the ungranded egusi and put small amount of garlic and ginger. Then take it for granding..
- Put your pot on the fire and put groundnut oil inside, cut onion small and fry the oil, then pour in the granded egusi and fry it..
- If it fryed, pour in the water, and put the maggi cubes and granded cloves small, put the meat or fish if interested then close it.
- Allow it to boiled and be tick, pour in the spinach and stair it, allow it to boil for 3- 4 minutes. Serve with any type of tuwo…..enjoy.
Egusi soup, also called melon soup is an absolute delightful delicacy enjoyed all over West Africa. Egusi soup or melon soup is made from the dry seeds of the melon plant closely related to squash. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this egusi soup recipe. Egusi soup is a culinary soup prepared with egusi seeds as a primary ingredient.