Mushroom soup. Mushroom soup is simply soup made with mushrooms. They'll always be a focus of the recipe whether they're grilled, sautéed, or boiled. Other ingredients may include all manner of spices, meats.
Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is full flavoured and so easy to make, you won't buy soup in a can again! The Soup Nazi would be proud of this one. I had all the ingredients including the sherry (a miracle) and made this exactly as the recipe stated except pureed only half the mushroom broth mixture as other. You can cook Mushroom soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom soup
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 pounds of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Thyme.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
These rich mushroom soup recipes are easy to make at home. Cream of mushroom soup has been a favorite of mine as long as I can remember. Of course when we were growing up it was Campbell's and it came in a can. Make the most of mushrooms with this comforting mushroom soup recipe made with cream, onions and garlic.
Mushroom soup instructions
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms in butter with 1 pinch salt until the mushrooms give off their juices; reduce heat to low. Continue to cook, stirring often, until juices evaporate and the mushrooms are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Mix onion and garlic into mushrooms and cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 more minutes..
- Stir flour into mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes to remove raw flour taste. Pour chicken stock and water into mushroom mixture. Add thyme in. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour..
- Purée soup until smooth and thick. Add half and half, salt & pepper, and Parmesan cheese and stir altogether..
Serve for lunch or as a starter with crusty bread. This is the best ever mushroom soup! Mushroom soup is a hearty and delicious dish to make on a cold winter night. Mushroom soup is easy to make and is great garnished with cheese and served alongside a crusty piece of bread. Creamy Mushroom Soup with Garlic Chips and Rosemary – a delicious easy recipe Who doesn't love a delicious bowl of creamy mushroom soup?